Buyer Mill Operation & Recycling Services – Gent (M/F/X) (Gent)Referentie: K536
ArcelorMittal the world’s leading steel and mining company, with around 199,000 employees in more than 60 countries is currently hiring for ArcelorMittal Gent.
As a global player and buyer of goods and services, European Procurement Organization (EPO) leverages technical excellence to develop best TCO solutions to secure the ArcelorMittal’s supply chain. Managing 28.5 $bn spend worldwide we are providing efficient and reliable services to internal customers.
Industrial Services & Spare Parts covers 10% of this spend being present at 7 sites (plants) in 5 countries (Spain, Germany, France, Poland and Belgium).
About the role
As Buyer Mill Operation & Recycling Services, you:
- Actively participate in the strategic procurement activities for Mill Operations and Recycling;
- Analyse spend across all hubs and drive cost reduction;
- Work closely with internal customers in all sites through the local technical coordinators to ensure effective strategic procurement and business continuity;
- Work closely with Lead Buyer in conducting research on supply markets, price benchmarks, and supplier profiles;
- May be requested to travel upon needs on the projects you are working on
Your key responsibilities as buyer are:
- You execute supplier selection, negotiation, and contracting;
- You develop and maintain supplier relationship;
- You monitor contract compliance;
- You receive information from local technical coordinator and create a consolidated view for all the hubs in order to deliver savings and subcategory KPI targets and assist Lead Buyer with necessary analyses:
- Spend data analysis and basic financial analyses
- Performance reporting
- Price benchmarks
- Supplier profile
- You are treating all purchasing aspect (contract management, RFQs, stakeholder management, etc. )
- You may participate in ad-hoc transversal working groups and projects
- You are responsible of RFQ process and negotiation for all spot orders above 20.000 Euros
- You monitor and assess RFQ process done by BCOE team for POs between 5.000 to 20.000 Euros and realizes final commercial negotiation
- You validate POs below 5.000 Euros, negotiated by BCOE team
Are you the buyer we’re looking for?
- You hold a Master’s degree in Economics, Procurement, Engineering or Supply Chain
- You have a Successful track record in Procurement, Engineering or User area.
- Good understanding of financial processes
- As a genuine buyer, you have problem-solving and analytical skills and a good ease facing numbers.
- You have a good technical knowledge of contracts and targeted systems but also in project management and negotiation.
- You are autonomous and able to work in a virtual mode with remote colleagues
- You combine a strong personality/leadership and communication skills with an appetite for finding information on innovative industry trends and for market analysis.
- Result and Customer oriented, you are able to work under deadline pressure and to manage the change
- On top Dutch and English any additional European language is appreciated.
What do we offer you?
- An international and challenging workplace with focus on sustainability through our business.
- An attractive 5-level career path with continuous development opportunities, accredited procurement qualifications and international assignment opportunities within EPO and ArcelorMittal.
- Highly skilled and inspiring colleagues-business partners from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong personal development opportunities, knowledge exchanges, continuous improvement and teamwork.
- High focus on technology and innovation, key pillars of ArcelorMittal’s values of Sustainability, Quality and Leadership.
Diversity and inclusion make us even stronger!
ArcelorMittal Belgium is all about equal opportunities and values diversity. We select candidates solely on the basis of their competences. Your age, gender, ethnic origin, orientation, religion, disability, nationality, etc. do not affect your chance to help build sustainable circular steel solutions for the future.
Feeling the urge to start? Apply now!