Capex Project Buyer / M,F,X (Gent)Referentie: K540
Are you driven? Do you have experience with purchases?
Then you might be the person we are looking for! Read on quickly!
What does the job entail?
As a Capex Project Buyer your main responsibilities are:
Setting up and deploying contracts, in compliance with user expectation in terms of equipment quality, availability and TCO aspects, and in line with ArcelorMittal guidelines, values and strategies, and to this end:
- You handle the capex procurement process in coordination with the Project Manager, Lead Buyer and team (Lead User, etc.), from early definition of the purchasing strategy until completion of contract execution, and notably:
- You define the right purchasing strategy (turnkey, lotting, etc.)
- You select appropriate vendors for the tendering process
- You handle the tendering process in order to ensure offer handling, technical evaluation, the short listing of the best offers in terms of equipment quality, availability and TCO.
- You ensure the respect of procurement process timeline and with regulations compliance, design and negotiation of the contract
- You lead the final negotiations for optimized contract which maximized purchasing performance and TCO (eventually with LB and or AMCG).
- You design the contract, aligned with General Conditions for Capital Purchases.
- You obtain approval of the negotiation results as per ArcelorMittal governance
- You report in Capex Tool on projects under your responsibility
- You apply AMP Quality Management Policy and objectives in your area of responsibility
- You check synergies, and bundle project negotiations with other Project Buyers or Procurement Managers if possible
- You ensure enriching certain RFQ’s with new suppliers
- You perform cost analysis and benchmarks on your project in order to ensure the submission of an optimized solution to the project.
- You shares your knowledge / lessons learned from previous experiences with the team
- You coordinate buying activities in the frame of your project with corporate Capex (AMCG)
- You coordinate the evaluation process of the suppliers in your area of responsibility and report to the Vendor Management
- Claim handling
This position can be located in Ghent or Liege. In case the position is based in Liege, 3 days of work in Ghent are required.
Are you the right candidate?
- You have a masters degree in Engineering or Technical field as Mechanics, Electricity or Civil works, or equivalent
- You speak fluently English and can express yourself well in Dutch
- You have 3-5 years of experience in Purchases for example as Site Buyer or in Engineering or Site Operations/Maintenance
- Your communication skills make you a good team player
- Proficiency in Office Databases (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and SAP
What can we offer you?
Working at ArcelorMittal means having opportunities for a great career and the possibility to build an international career. We give talent every opportunity to flourish with a tailor-made training programme. You will be part of a team of dynamic people working day in and day out on improvements in all areas and with pioneering technologies.
You can count on an attractive salary package. In addition to a very competitive basic salary supplemented by a number of premiums, we offer you meal vouchers, interesting group and hospitalization insurance and other extra-legal benefits. Moreover, you can opt for a company car or bike and you get 40 days of leave per year!
How does the selection procedure work?
Introductory interview with HR and your future colleague
Final selection interview with head of HR and the department
Feeling the urge to start? Apply now!
Diversity and inclusion make us even stronger!
ArcelorMittal Belgium is all about equal opportunities and values diversity. We select candidates solely on the basis of their competences. Your age, gender, ethnic origin, orientation, religion, disability, nationality, etc. do not affect your chance to help build sustainable circular steel solutions for the future.