Client Technical Support Manager – Benelux (M,V,X) (Gent)Referentie: K558
Are you looking for a combination of a commercial and technical job? Do you want to work in an international environment? Read on!
You will be responsible for the technical support and development of HAV (high added value) business for several industry customers in the Benelux region. You will work in tandem with the Account Managers and in close relation to the mill’s quality and customer teams, R&D and marketing. You can contribute to new product & market developments and will be an ambassador of ArcelorMittal’s sustainability initiatives.
What does the job entail?
The Client Technical Support Manager, together with the Account Manager, forms the core of the customer team that is in direct contact with our industry customers in the philosophy of “one face to the customer”. You will be responsible for all technical communication and developments for a specific set of customers. To accomplish this, you will be in contact with the quality teams in our flat Europe mills, the Customer service teams, CTO, R&D, marketing, the commercial segment team, value recovery team and the sustainability (XCarb) team. You have regular (physical) contacts with the customer and can assist to their production in the context of new product trials or quality incidents. The CTS has to develop a high level relationship with his/her key customers in order develop a deep knowledge of the client’s process, products and technical needs.
The responsibilities of a CTS comprise of 4 main axes;
- Assist or drive the increase of sales of HAV products
- This is the main objective of the CTS and is the main measure of performance of the CTS team
- New and HAV products require effort, persistence, commercial and technical skills before they are accepted and implemented by customers. They are born out of a WIN-WIN opportunity for both supplier and customer.
- Propose, present and test new products at customers
- Advise for product or process improvements at customers that can increase our sales of HAV products
- Propose and perform co-engineering with customers and our R&D departments
- Organize trainings to quality, R&D and sales teams of our customers so they can use, process and market our new products in a better way
2. Technical advice to customers and our commercial departments
- Answer technical questions from customers related to our products, our product feasibilities, performance, tolerances and guarantees
- Answer technical questions related to inquiries or orders from customers.
- Ensure the knowledge in the mills and commercial departments of all technical needs of the customer through efficient communication and customer team meetings.
- Manage color matchings for organic coated products.
3. Inform customers about our sustainability initiatives and promote the XCarb sales
- Promote the XCarb initiatives to customers
- Develop marketing strategies around sustainability together with customers in view of sales of XCarb certificates
- Collect knowledge about various sustainability initiatives, directives and regulations in sectors relevant to steel industry and assess business opportunities for XCarb.
- Support customers in their sustainability challenges by providing information on LCA (Life Cycle Assessment), our published EPD (Environmental Product Declarations) files, suggesting sustainable product design optimizations, etc.
4. Analyze, negotiate and solve claims
- The CMO organization aims to minimize time spent by CTS in this axes, especially when it concerns small claims. However, correct claim handling is essential to maintain a good relationship with the customers.
- CTS performs an objective analysis of a claim and communicates to the mill quality departments and negotiates a fair compensation for the claim is necessary. The CTS overlooks the correct administration of the claims and triggers credit notes.
- Often new (product) developments are born out of action plans to avoid future similar claims
Requested mobility is limited as all customers are located within a 1 day go & return drive by car. However, sporadic visits to other plants might require overnight stays.
Are you the right candidate?
- You have a technical Master degree.
- Like a real entrepreneur, you are able to schedule your tasks autonomously.
- You have a nose for opportunities and act pro-actively.
- Your problem-solving abilities allow you to tackle various problems in the most (cost)efficient way.
- Your excellent communication skills allow you to communicate with clients and colleagues in a clear and structured way.
What do we offer?
Working at ArcelorMittal means having opportunities for a great career and the possibility to build an international career. We give talent every opportunity to flourish with a tailor-made training program. You will join a team of dynamic people working day in and day out on improvements in all areas and with pioneering technologies.
You can count on an attractive salary package. In addition to a very competitive basic salary supplemented by a number of premiums, we offer meal vouchers, interesting group and hospitalization insurance and other extra-legal benefits. Moreover, you can opt for a company car or bike and you get 40 days of leave per year!
Our resource management is based on diversity and equal opportunities. We select candidates solely on the basis of their competences, no matter your age, gender, ethnic origin, orientation, religion, disability, nationality, etc.