Digital Technology Expert Decarbonization – Central Digital Office (M,F,X) (Gent)Referentie: K550
Do you have a passion for automation technology ? Would you like to be part of a new Decarbonization project? Then this is the job you are looking for!
Flat products in Europe produces slabs, hot-rolled coil, cold-rolled coil, coated steel products, tinplate and heavy plate. These products are sold to steel-consuming industries such as heavy machinery, automotive, pipes and tubes, construction, packaging and appliances.
The ArcelorMittal Flat Europe Decarb project is the central project aiming to set the standard for green steel across our different production sites by deploying similar installations in our primary steelmaking facilities.
What does the job entail?
You‘ll be part of the Decarb project within the central digital office CDO at Flat Europe level. There the target is to create and support the “digital plant of the future” in the Decarb scope
- You play a central role between the suppliers ‘OEM and EPCM’ , the local digital and industrial IT teams at the different local production sites and the central segments such as R&D, IT, …
- You’ll be responsible for the technical & digital challenges related to this plan with a focus on master data management, data integration & interfacing across all systems and this in close cooperation with suppliers, and internal AM experts.
- You’ll be responsible for the digital integration and connectivity of ‘smart sensors’ scope across the different Decarb installations across Flat Europe. For this as part of a team you set standards, support the development & improvements and support commissioning across the different deployments.
- You are also able to analyze process and maintenance issues and translate those towards digital requirements for the right smart solutions needed to tackle the issues.
- You understand smart industrial I4.0 sensors, are open for predictive solutions related to maintenance and quality using sensor information and intelligent AI/ML logic.
- You actively engage with stakeholders in different sites of Europe and central AM segments such as R&D as well as outside the company such as universities, startups, technology providers, consultants.
Are you the right candidate?
- You have a Master’s degree and a strong interest in and affinity with industrial processes
- You are very result driven and have dedicated energy and determination to move projects forward
- You feel strongly responsible for your assignments; you can work in an environment of uncertainty and incomplete information and take well-founded decisions
- You can convince people, because of your fluent communication skills, are able to deal with cultural differences and provide solutions which do answer these problems
- You have a digital and I4.0 mindset , are permanently open to new digital knowhow and solution, also outside your own knowledge domain and able to make those industrial reliable
Mobility is required for limited travels related to project based supporting the different locations within AM Flat Europe.
What do we offer you?
Working at ArcelorMittal means having opportunities for a great career and the possibility to build an international career. We give talent every opportunity to flourish with a tailor-made training program. You will join a team of dynamic people working day in and day out on improvements in all areas and with pioneering technologies.
You can count on an attractive salary package. In addition to a very competitive basic salary supplemented by a number of premiums, we offer meal vouchers, interesting group and hospitalization insurance and other extra-legal benefits. Moreover, you can opt for a company car or bike and you get 40 days of leave per year!
How does the selection procedure work?
- Online application
- Introductory interview with HR and your future colleague
- Final selection interview with head of HR and the department
- Contract proposal
Diversity and inclusion make us even stronger!
ArcelorMittal Belgium is all about equal opportunities and values diversity. We select candidates solely on the basis of their competences. Your age, gender, ethnic origin, orientation, religion, disability, nationality, etc. do not affect your chance to help build sustainable circular steel solutions for the future.