Engineer Modelling and Automation (M,F,X) (Gent)Referentie: K512
Are you interested in computer algorithms and models? Then this might be the right job for you. Read on!
At Systems and Models, which is part of the ArcelorMittal Belgium department IAM (Industrial IT, Automation & Modelling), we develop computer models to optimize our company’s business processes. Doing so, we improve our performance on productivity, quality, reliability, energy efficiency, etc. Modelling goes hand in hand with technological innovation and automation. A few examples to give you a flavour:
- On a yearly basis we galvanize (via the so-called hot dip process) about 2 million tonnes of steel sheet against corrosion. Continuous improvement of the model controlling this process, leads to ever reducing layer thickness variation, and hence better quality at a lower cost.
- Internal transports and stock management are more and more automated. This entails specific challenges in terms of safety, product quality and material flows. Logistic models are at the heart of the computer system controlling the material movements.
- Most production lines in the downstream area are continuous. The combination of technical constraints and customer needs turns the scheduling of such a line into a hard combinatorial problem. Without models, almost impossible to solve.
What does the job entail?
As a member of our team (currently consisting of about 35 engineers and masters in science), you will be engaged in the development, improvement, maintenance and use of the models in our portfolio. Your main activities:
- You study and analyse our business processes in the domains of (physical) production, logistics and scheduling. You conduct data analyses.
- You propose solutions to identified problems. You implement these solutions, using programming languages like (mainly) C#, C++ and Python.
- You communicate your findings to all stakeholders, varying from shop floor operators to departmental and company management.
- You plan and track your work, from the initial studies to the follow-up after the release.
Are you the right candidate?
- A prerequisite for joining our team is that you have a STEM-oriented Master Degree, allowing you to abstract, analyse and structure complex problems.
- As you rarely work alone on a project, your ability to work in team is highly valued. Nevertheless you are capable to work autonomously and according to plan.
- And as standard solutions usually don’t apply, we count on your creativity and on your determination to continually develop your skills. You will be given apt opportunities to get in touch with parties offering innovative techniques, like research centres and specialised companies.
What do we offer you?
Working at ArcelorMittal means having opportunities for a great career and the possibility to build an international career. We give talent every opportunity to flourish with a tailor-made training program. You will be part of a team of dynamic people working day in and day out on improvements in all areas and with pioneering technologies.
You can count on an attractive salary package. In addition to a very competitive basic salary supplemented by a number of premiums, we offer you meal vouchers, interesting group and hospitalization insurance and other extra-legal benefits. Moreover, you can opt for a company car or bike and you get 40 days of leave per year!
How does the selection procedure work?
- Online application
- Introductory interview with HR and your future colleague
- Final selection interview with head of HR and the department
- Contract proposal
Feeling the urge to start? Apply now!
Diversity and inclusion make us even stronger!
ArcelorMittal Belgium is all about equal opportunities and values diversity. We select candidates solely on the basis of their competences. Your age, gender, ethnic origin, orientation, religion, disability, nationality, etc. do not affect your chance to help build sustainable circular steel solutions for the future.