Greengineer Liability Electromechanics (M/F/X) (Gent)Referentie: K538
Do you want to be part of pioneering projects aimed at CO2-neutral production? Do you want to play a crucial role in the production of green steel? Then you might be the person we are looking for. Read on quickly!
“Green Steel what?
At ArcelorMittal Belgium, there is a lot going on around the climate. Several projects are running or will soon be launched to ensure that our impact on the climate is as small as possible.
Maybe you have already heard about:
– Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage (CCUS): this project is proposed to set up a partnership between ArcelorMittal Belgium (AMB), North Sea Port and Fluxys to carry out a joint project to study open access facilities for the collection, transport and storage of CO2 for industry in the Ghent port area. The aim of the project is to determine the technical and economic feasibility of collecting CO2 from AMB and other industrial operators, transporting it by pipeline or vessel and subsequently reusing or storing it.
– Calisto: the main objective of this project is to demonstrate the large-scale capture, purification and liquefaction of CO2 from the oxidation of coal-based reducing agents in the steelmaking process, thereby producing purified, liquid CO2 that can be sequestered in various long-term sequestration projects, such as the Northern Lights project.
– Steelanol: is a new chemical plant, currently under construction, that recycles carbon into sustainable, advanced bioethanol.
– Torero: Torrefaction of biomass with ethanol as a renewable output
What does the job entail?
As reliability engineer you are responsible – together with your colleagues – to further develop our maintenance organisation into the reference within the ArcelorMittal group.
As reliability engineer you are involved in the maintenance and optimisation of the highly automated machinery.
You are responsible for monitoring the proper functioning of electrical installations. You will be involved in projects relating to electricity, energy distribution, automation, drive and measurement technology. You follow the evolution of technology closely and apply new techniques pragmatically. Your long-term vision is aimed at renewal and optimisation. You also take care of the documentation and training of employees.
Are you the right candidate?
- You have a good basic knowledge of electrical engineering
- You have a strong analytical reasoning ability
- Your communicative skills ensure that you can get a team to work together
- You can find satisfaction in working out projects
- New things are a challenge and you absorb them quickly or motivate you to learn more
- Do you have a strong interest, but more experience in the mechanical field? You certainly qualify! We provide the necessary training!
This will earn you nice bonus points:
- You are fluent in English and/or French
- You already have experience
What can we offer you?
Working at ArcelorMittal means having opportunities for a great career and the possibility to build an international career. We give talent every opportunity to flourish with a tailor-made training programme. You will join a team of dynamic people working day in and day out on improvements in all areas and with pioneering technologies.
You can count on an attractive salary package. In addition to a very competitive basic salary supplemented by a number of premiums, we offer meal vouchers, interesting group and hospitalisation insurance and other extra-legal benefits. Moreover, you can opt for a company car or bike and you get 40 days of leave per year!
How does the selection procedure work?
- Online application
- Introductory interview with HR and your future colleague
- Final selection interview with head of HR and the department
- Contract proposal
Diversity and inclusion make us even stronger!
ArcelorMittal Belgium is all about equal opportunities and values diversity. We select candidates solely on the basis of their competences. Your age, gender, ethnic origin, orientation, religion, disability, nationality, etc. do not affect your chance to help build sustainable circular steel solutions for the future.