Greengineer Reliability Engineer – Raw Materials & Transport (M,F,X) (Gent)Referentie: K538g
Do you want to be part of pioneering projects aimed at CO2 neutral production? Do you have a passion for mechanics? Then you might be the person we are looking for! Read on quickly!
“Green Steel” what? A lot is going on at ArcelorMittal Belgium concerning the climate. Various projects are ongoing or will soon be launched to ensure that our impact on the climate is as low as possible.
Maybe you have heard about:
- Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage (CCUS): this project is proposed to set up a partnership between ArcelorMittal Belgium (AMB), North Sea Port and Fluxys to perform a joint project to study open access facilities for collection, transportation and storage of CO2 for industry in the Ghent port zone. Aim of the project is to determine the technical and economic feasibility of collecting CO2 from AMB and other industrial operators, transporting it by pipeline or ship and subsequently reusing or storing it.
- For example Calisto: The main aim of this project is to demonstrate the large scale capture, purification and liquification of CO2 coming from the oxidation of coal-based reductants in the steelmaking process, allowing to produce purified, liquid CO2 capable of being sequestered in various long-term sequestration projects, such as the Northern Lights project.
- Steelanol: is a new chemical plant, that will be operational this spring, that recycles carbon into sustainable, advanced bio-ethanol.
- DRI: Direct Reduces Iron Facility. In a DRI plant, we split the reduction and melting process. In a vertical shaft furnace, the reduction of the iron ore takes place on the basis of gas. Next, this sponge metal is melted in an electric furnace.
- Torero: Torrefaction of Biomass with Ethanol as Renewable Output
What does the job entail?
As reliability engineer you are responsible – together with your colleagues – for the optimization of our supply systems for the coking plant, blast furnaces and sinter plant.
- You are involved in the mechanical maintenance of the highly automated machinery such as cranes and conveyor belt.
- You are responsible for monitoring the proper functioning of installations.
- You are involved in projects for optimizing the machinery.
- You follow the evolution of technology closely and apply new techniques pragmatically.
- Your long-term vision is aimed at renewal and optimization.
- You also carry out the documentation and training of employees.
Are you the right candidate?
- You have a Master’s degree and a good basic knowledge of mechanical engineering.
- You are fluent in English and have at least an intermediate level of Dutch.
- You have a strong analytical reasoning ability.
- Your communicative skills enable you to get a team to work together.
- You can find satisfaction in working out projects.
- New things present a challenge and you quickly absorb them or motivate you to continue your education.
What do we offer you?
Working at ArcelorMittal means having opportunities for a great career and the possibility to build an international career. We give talent every opportunity to flourish with a tailor-made training program. You will be part of a team of dynamic people working day in and day out on improvements in all areas and with pioneering technologies.
You can count on an attractive salary package. In addition to a very competitive basic salary supplemented by a number of premiums, we offer you meal vouchers, interesting group and hospitalization insurance and other extra-legal benefits. Moreover, you can opt for a company car or bike and you get 40 days of leave per year!
How does the selection procedure work?
- Online application
- Introductory interview with HR and your future colleague
- Final selection interview with head of HR and the department
- Contract proposal
Feeling the urge to start? Apply now!
Our resource management is based on diversity and equal opportunities. We select candidates solely on the basis of their competences, no matter your age, gender, ethnic origin, orientation, religion, disability, nationality, etc.