Proces Greengineer / M,F,X (Gent)Referentie: K534
Do you want to be part of pioneering projects aimed at CO2 neutral production? Do you want to play a crucial role in the production of green steel? then you might be the person we are looking for. Read on quickly!
“Green Steel” what?
A lot is going on at ArcelorMittal Belgium concerning the climate. Various projects are ongoing or will soon be launched to ensure that our impact on the climate is as low as possible.
Maybe you have heard about:
- Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage (CCUS): this project is proposed to set up a partnership between ArcelorMittal Belgium (AMB), North Sea Port and Fluxys to perform a joint project to study open access facilities for collection, transportation and storage of CO2 for industry in the Ghent port zone. Aim of the project is to determine the technical and economic feasibility of collecting CO2 from AMB and other industrial operators, transporting it by pipeline or ship and subsequently reusing or storing it.
- For example Calisto: The main aim of this project is to demonstrate the large scale capture, purification and liquification of CO2 coming from the oxidation of coal-based reductants in the steelmaking process, allowing to produce purified, liquid CO2 capable of being sequestered in various long-term sequestration projects, such as the Northern Lights project.
- Steelanol: is a new chemical plant, under construction at this moment, that recycles carbon into sustainable, advanced bio-ethanol.
- Torero: Torrefaction of Biomass with Ethanol as Renewable Output
What does a Proces Greengineer do?
As a process engineer, you are responsible for monitoring and improving the process. Your basic training serves as a starting point for a thorough understanding of the processes involved in coal processing and the subsequent gas treatment and purification and further usage in Carbon-recycling technologies.
You are co-responsible for monitoring the daily operation of the installations and optimising the existing process by systematically following and analysing process parameters and making the link between theory and practice.
You will work on continuous process improvements with the aim to optimize productivity, lower energy consumption, a long lifespan of the installations, lower cost of the end product and higher reliability of the installations.
You will investigate how the process will evolve in the future and how we should respond to that.
Are you the right candidate for this job?
- You have a master degree and max 3 years experience
- You have a strong interest in climate-related topics
- You are eager to learn
- You are a team player who also works well independently.
- You are creative in developing new ideas or concepts.
- You have good communication skills, fluent in English and willing to learn Dutch
What about personal development?
- You are assigned a mentor (a senior ArcelorMittal Belgium colleague) who will guide you through technical and practical challenges
- You will receive regular technical and skills training
- You will receive continuous feedback on your performance
- You will be invited to meet and mingle with fellow young starters within ArcelorMittal Belgium
- You will get career guidance to prepare the job fit after this exciting project
How does the selection process work?
– subscribe for the online information session (8/07, 11/08, 07/09), link: Green engineer – ArcelorMittal in België
– after the info session you’ll receive an invitation for a jobdate
- guided tour
- interview with HR and head of department
- meet and greet future colleague
– Contract proposal
Diversity and inclusion make us even stronger!
ArcelorMittal Belgium is all about equal opportunities and values diversity. We select candidates solely on the basis of their competences. Your age, gender, ethnic origin, orientation, religion, disability, nationality, etc. do not affect your chance to help build sustainable circular steel solutions for the future.
Feeling the urge to start? Apply now!