Senior Legal Counsel (M,F,X) (Gent)Referentie: K Europe
Are you looking for a challenging job in an international environment? Do you wish to contribute your legal experience to a company striving for CO-neutrality? Then you might be the person we are looking for! Read on quickly!
What does the job entail?
As a Senior Legal Counsel within the ArcelorMittal Group Legal & Compliance organization, your role will be twofold:
On the one hand, you will provide advice and guidance on a wide variety of legal matters across a range of business environments in Belgium. On occasion, at request of the Legal Head of Partnerships, M&A, Energy Law you may be involved in international projects.
On the other hand, you will be the first point of legal contact to senior management in Belgium. Your role will be to coordinate legal issues that arise in Belgian sites and ensure these issues are properly dealt with by the right person (e.g. by lawyers of other expert teams).
Specific accountabilities and responsibilities include:
- Primarily acting as trusted senior legal advisor in Belgium & the Netherlands. Proactively providing sound and pragmatic counseling, at the same time minimizing and mitigating legal risks.
- Advising on a wide variety of commercial and corporate matters, with a particular (but not exclusive!) focus on the areas above.
- Delivering training to the business teams on a variety of legal and compliance related matters.
- Actively participating and supporting international legal initiatives. Regularly sharing best practices, new challenges or developments, innovations and efficiency related projects.
- Country Coordinator for Belgium & the Netherlands within the ArcelorMittal Group Legal & Compliance organization.
The position will be located in Gent. Occasionally, you will have to travel in Belgium (or abroad).
Are you the right candidate?
- You have a Master’s degree in Belgian Law.
- You can count on 12 to 15 years of work experience on a wide-range of legal matters in the area of M&A, investment, commercial and corporate law, with a particular focus on setting up complex projects and transactions.
- Experience in an (inter)national law firm or (international) company is a prerequisite.
- Your communication skills allow you to effectively communicate with various stakeholders in an international environment in Dutch, English and in French.
- You are capable to be a “hands-on” lawyer, with a proactive, energetic and enthusiastic approach who analyzes and solves complex legal issues.
- Strong communications skills: ability to effectively communicate in an international environment, with various stakeholders.
What do we offer you?
Working at ArcelorMittal means having opportunities for a great career and the possibility to build an international career. We give talent every opportunity to flourish with a tailor-made training program. You will join a team of dynamic people working day in and day out on improvements in all areas and with pioneering technologies.
You can count on an attractive salary package. In addition to a very competitive basic salary supplemented by a number of premiums, we offer meal vouchers, interesting group and hospitalization insurance and other extra-legal benefits. Moreover, you can opt for a company car or bike and you get 40 days of leave per year!
Our resource management is based on diversity and equal opportunities. We select candidates solely on the basis of their competences, no matter your age, gender, ethnic origin, orientation, religion, disability, nationality, etc.