Industrial automation and models
One of the main reasons why ArcelorMittal Gent is one the best achieving steel companies in the world, is because we continuously question and try to improve our processes. Around 200 employees holding a masters degree work on the automation of our company. This is done for instance by those working in the division Industrial automation and models.
This division gives expert advice in:
- Industrial IT and company automation
- The production process
- The advanced optimising of driving and regulation techniques
- Industrial applications of image recognition systems and scanning applications
- The automation of business processes with the help of mathematical models, to improve the logistic and production processes (costs, productivity and quality)
- Industrial IT infrastructure
The main element in this story is knowledge. Knowledge of the production processes, but also knowledge of the current automation technologies and informatics. The department consists of an enthusiastic group of engineers, masters and bachelors, who are continuously offered to opportunity to follow additional training sessions.
130 people work in this department.
Do you want to join our team?
Make sure to check out our vacancies.